The Print Then Cut update is here for Cricut Design Space! We were invited by Cricut to preview this new release and we’re excited to share the news with all of you!
Print Then Cut – WHEN?
The Print Then Cut update will be released the week of September 22nd! We don’t have any official date and time yet from Cricut.
Print Then Cut
Print Then Cut allows you to do just what it says. In Cricut Design Space you can use images from the Cricut library or your own uploaded images printable. When you click Go, Design Space will print out your images with extra lines called registration marks. You then place this printed sheet on your mat and using the registration marks the Cricut Explore will be able to cut your printed images out perfectly!
In our video we show you three ways to work with images with Print Then Cut.
- Printables – A New category of images in the cricut library that are designed for Print Then Cut.
- Cricut Library Images – Any layered cut file can be flattened and used as a printed image instead.
- Your Uploaded Images – Now you can upload your images in to Design Space and keep them as full pictures to print.
Not Just Print Then Cut!
This updated includes new features to support Print Then Cut but they also extend Cricut Design Space to allow you even more creativity in your designs!
- Welding – Welding has been updated so it works in new ways.
- Slice – Slicing allows you to create new shapes but cutting shapes where they overlap. This shares some of the behavior with the old weld tool, but it’s far more powerful. You will be able to use shapes you never had before in Design Space!
- Flatten / Unflatten – Flatten can make any cut file printable. Unflatten allows you to unlock the potential of printables from Cricut and use them in new ways! Design to your vision, because you’re not limited by the images with this tool!
New Materials from Cricut
Not only are there so many exciting new features with the Print Then Cut update, there are also new products from Cricut.
- Cricut Printable Sticker Paper – A pack of 12 8.5″ x 11″ sheets of a high quality cardstock with adhesive on one side! Of course you can use this for making stickers and labels! We use them for canning labels in one of our upcoming videos.
- Cricut Printable Vinyl – this ia a pack of 10 8.5″ x 11″ sheets of vinyl that you can run through your printer!
You can really let your imagination run away with what you can do with the Print Then Cut update and these great new materials. The real secret though is that with these products and Print Then Cut it makes quickly assembling a stunning card or design a breeze! These are going to be real time savers!
Print Then Cut Update Playlist
We are releasing a bunch of videos celebrating the Print Then Cut update! In this playlist you will also find videos from our friend Melody Lane! All of the crafters and creators in the Cricut community who had the opportunity to work with the pre-release version of this update are brimming with information and ideas to share so check them out!
[pexyoutube pex_attr_src=”https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLENGdQNWnhZ99fcDhyz9YSxT9uB-JLXDP” pex_attr_width=”640″][/pexyoutube]
Giveaway – Cricut Explore Print Then Cut Bundle
Cricut generously gave use a Cricut Explore Print Then Cut Bundle to use in a giveaway for being a part of the pre-release team! As soon as we have the details on when we will have these machine and materials we will post an announcement for the giveaway. If you aren’t a subscriber on YouTube subscribe now so you don’t miss out on your chance to win this incredible machine with a bundle of materials so you can jump right in to your Print Then Cut projects!
If you can’t wait to get your hand on the Cricut Explore to try Print Then Cut, you can buy it right now from Cricut! Shopping through this link supports Crafts By Two.
Subscribe, Follow, Like, and Share
Don’t miss out on any of our new work or our updates! Like our Crafts By Two page on Facebook to get all of our updates and subscribe to our channel on YouTube. We really appreciate you liking our videos with a Thumbs Up and sharing them with your friends!
Patreon – Supporting Creators
If you are learning from our videos and enjoy our work we’d welcome your support through Patreon. We appreciate your patronage and offer a variety of thank you gifts!
We love making videos and tutorials to share our work and help the crafting community with what we have learned! Your support helps us do even more!
Visit our Patreon page for all the details and check out the thank you gifts!
Crafts By Two are at:
Don’t miss out on all the fun! We have teamed up with Melody Lane and have a channel about all the fun we’re having when we aren’t crafting. Join us for our shopping, taste tests, silliness and adventures!
Our theme music is “We Press On”
Composer — Jake LaVallee, Owner of http://uncopyrightedmusic.net