It’s Christmas in July and we invite you to join us in giving back! Make cards for the troops of the United States Army (http://www.army.mil) and cards or card kits for the children of the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (https://www.stjude.org) and be entered for a chance to win a great Prize Pack!
Link here with http://bit.ly/Cards4Love
Christmas in July #Cards4Love
Christmas in July is a fun way of looking forward to this crafty holiday and get inspired by holiday designs. We wanted to give crafters an opportunity to give back! Donate cards and card kits to the #Cards4Love event and you are entered in the running for a great prize packed giveaway!
How to Participate
Follow the instructions below to send in your cards or card kits to the submission address. Each individual card or possible card from a card kit is counted as one entry in the prize pack giveaway. For example a card kit that can make ten cards will be count as ten entries in to the giveaway.
The event is running from July 22nd – August 31st, 2105.
Types of Cards or Card Kits
For the troops we are making cards to be sent to troops who are not stationed in a warzone to avoid any potential restrictions on materials or embellishments. For the children we learned while putting this event together that they enjoy giving and making cards to give as much as the do receiving cards themselves! Here are the types of cards or card kits we are looking for with this #Cards4Love event.
For the United States Army Troops
- Christmas or Holiday cards to be sent to the troops
For the children of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Christmas or Holiday cards to be given to the children
- Christmas or Holiday cards for the children to give
- Thank You cards for the children to give
- Card Kits for the children to make cards to give. These can be Christmas cards, Holiday cards, Thank You cards, or anything really so the children can make cards to give out.
Each card needs to be placed in it’s own unsealed envelope. All submissions can then be mailed together in a larger mailing envelope or box.
Please group cards together by their intended audience; United States Army Troops or the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Everything can be shipping in one package.
Card Kit Submissions
Card kits should be packed together in a seal-able package such as a ziploc. There should be envelopes included for each card that can be made with the kit.
In the shipping package or on the card kit package note how many cards the kit can make. All submissions can then be mailed together in a larger mailing envelope or box.
Make sure your name and mailing address are clearly indicated. If you do not want your name on your mailing package, please include it inside your package so we can make sure you get credit for your submissions.
640 North Greece Road
PO Box 182
North Greece, NY 14515-9800
Participating Blogs and YouTube Channels
Listed below are all the participating creators and their blogs and YouTube channels.
The Playlist is embedded at the top of this page, or visit it directly at: https://youtu.be/tXFCBXr2ngc?list=PLENGdQNWnhZ-jSx2HLvrjQ0_uSHnwFFE1
- George & Ken of Crafts By Two – CraftsByTwo.com
Event Video: https://craftsbytwo.com/video-christmas-in-july-card-cards4love/
- Melody of Melody Lane Designs – YouTube.com/MelodyLane
Event Video: https://youtu.be/Oc-kBnzhHdE
- Maymay of Maymay Made It – YouTube.com/maymaymadeit
Event Video: https://youtu.be/qXEoyuVSaOk
- Lorrie of Lorrie’s Story – LorriesStory.com
Event Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOhwkqwzVIQ
- Nanny Rose of Crafting on the Dollar – YouTube.com/CraftingOnTheDollar
Event Video: https://youtu.be/gIE909rcW7E
- Ken Hess of Ken’s Kreations – YouTube.com/hesskr
Event Video: https://youtu.be/wzexC7yod70
- Cindy of MiMi’s Mixed Bag – YouTube.com/channel/UCK0VRdBpYhWUmFkw02YMHjw
Event Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4QPoMRXq-k
- Lisa of L.J. Creations – YouTube.com/channel/UCO_zad8-5Vfqu3Vb5JnwYPg
Event Video: https://youtu.be/7iEriXslrMA
- Miki of Minis By Mini – minisbymiki.wordpress.com
Event Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5x9nreNka0
- Gabrielle of Papercrafting by G – www.PaperCraftingByG.com
Event Video: https://youtu.be/WvQni36B_r0
- Tracey of Gift Basket Appeal – YouTube.com/giftbasketappeal
Event Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nF0BmBKY7I
- Karin of Scrappy DIVA – YouTube.com/homevidka
Event Video: https://youtu.be/gUJt1IVxr5o
- Jennifer of Jen’s Little Place – YouTube.com/channel/UC2f_Yy603Keztxzm6RakDPA
Event Video: https://youtu.be/6DyrlvYeuSo
- Cindy of CLB Craft Creations – YouTube.com/channel/UCZH2bXT8JNJFg2At0M_ZQFw
Event Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfrQ-cbfG5s
- Kaylin of Krafty Kaylin – KraftyKaylin.wordpress.com
- Sheila of She’s a Sassy Lady – YouTube.com/channel/UCJ3g6-J4ZMTFx4FGoIXl2ow
Event Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snug2BPX-LI
- Christopher of Create With Christopher – CreateWithChristopher.blogspot.com
Event Post: http://createwithchristopher.blogspot.com/2015/07/christmas-in-july-cards4love.html
Check out the awesome prize pack that you could win by participating in the #Cards4Love event! All submissions must be received by August 31st to be included in the drawing for the Prize Pack Giveaway!
Check back on September 5th, 2015 to see who wins!
Thanks for everyone who donated!
- Crafts By Two
- Crafting with Meek
- Melody Lane – MelodyLaneDesigns.com
- Ken Hess – OakTreeStamps.com
- Maymay Made It – etsy.com/shop/MaymayMadeIt
- 25th and Pine Snippets
- Die Cut Yardstick & Transparencies
- Hello Decorative Paper Clips
- Paper Cottage Felt Stickers & Trim
- Sizzix Butterfly Dies
- Basic Grey Capture 12×12 Paper Pack
- Basic Grey Capture 12×12 Sticker Pack
- Cozy Posies Chenille Flower pack
- Evergreen Die Cut Alphabet
- 2 – Bling It ‘&’ Designs
- 1 – Bling It On Design
- Everyday Cards pack by Becky Williams
- 5 digital Paper packs of your choice from MelodyLandDesigns.com
- Chubby Boy Expressions Stamp Set by OakTreeStamps.com
- Now and Forever Stamp Set by OakTreeStamps.com
- Baby Bumps Stamp Set by OakTreeStamps.com
- Moody Ballerina Stamp Set by OakTreeStamps.com
- Bear Hugs Stamp Set by OakTreeStamps.com
- Black Vinyl
- Red Heart Holographic Card Stock
- Green Circles Holographic Card Stock
- Black Glitter
- a Chalk Maker
- Distress Ink Pad – Picked Raspberries
- Gold Glitter Tape
- Fishers Stamp set – Birthday Type
- Woodland Wonders Paper Stack
- Holiday Gemstone
- Ugly Sweater Stamp Set by Maymay Made It
- Santa’s Stuck Stamp Set by Maymay Made It
- Critter Christmas Stamp Set by Maymay Made It
#Cards4Love on Facebook
Join in the fun on the #Cards4Love Facebook group. If you have questions or want to share photos of your work that’s the place to go!
Thank You Cricut
A big thank you to Cricut! They have generously donated a Cricut Explore and a bunch of crafting supplies to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital so children and families can use it to make their own cards and projects! We appreciate their participation and support of the Christmas in July #Cards4Love event.
Is this only for Christmas Cards?
No. The Children’s hospital has told us the kids really like to make Thank You cards for people. So for the hospital any type of card or card kit would be welcomed. The cards for the troops would be only holiday cards.
If I send in a card kit will I get an entry into the contest?
Yes. You will get 1 entry for every card you can make with the kit. If you send 1 kit that can make 10 cards, you will get 10 entries.
Should I just mail the cards in an envelope?
No. Please put your finished cards in their own unsealed envelopes. All submissions can then be mailed together in a larger mailing envelope or box together.
Are the cards we are making are to be blank, or are we to put a sentiment in them and write in them?
You could do both. If you are making cards to give to the kids or troops feel free to write in them. If you are making them for the kids to give, a generic sentiment on the inside might be best.
Is there a size to these and and do they all need individual envelopes?
There is no set size for this event, I would say A2 or 5×7 is what we should shoot for. Each Card should have an accompanying envelope. If people make card kits, there should be an envelope for each card in the kit.
Are there any restrictions of what can be on the cards?
Keep your cards up-beat and use common sense for appropriate sentiments. Cards for the United States Army troops should not make controversial or political statements.
Can I participate if I am not in the USA?
Yes. International participants are welcome and will be included in the giveaway drawing!
May I join in as a creator with my blog or YouTube channel?
Of course, just direct people to this page which we will keep up to date with all of the information and answers. There is also the Facebook group linked above where you and your followers may ask questions. Once you have your video or post up send us the link with your name, site name, event link and your general main link to be added to the list of participants above. Use our Contact link to send through our contact form or email us directly with the info on that page.
Subscribe, Follow, Like, and Share
Don’t miss out on any of our new projects, giveaways or our updates! Like our Crafts By Two page on Facebook to get all of our updates, and subscribe to our channel on YouTube. We really appreciate you liking our videos with a Thumbs Up and sharing them with your friends!
Crafts By Two are at:
Our theme music is “We Press On”
Composer — Jake LaVallee, Owner of http://uncopyrightedmusic.net