We participated in the #10MinuteCard Challenge and it was crazy! Join us to watch our creations come together in just 10 minutes each.
10 Minute Card Challenge
During a recent Maymay Made It periscope her viewers gave her this fun challenge. Maymay called out a number of us to join in and now there are a whole slew of crafty YouTubers and Bloggers participating.
It was a lot of fun, but also kind of intimidating. 10 Minutes isn’t a lot of time! You take for granted how long it takes to really pull a nice card together and how much thought goes into it.
How it works
These were the rules set out for us.
- You must use the card sketch provided for inspiration by Georgia Ann Gibbs Carl.
- You may not prepare anything in advance.
- You must show a timer in your video and you may NOT edit any part of the video out.
- You must use at least three elements on the card, stamps, paper, ribbon, stickers, die cuts, etc.
- You must pop one element up on dimensional foam or other dimensional product.
- You only have 10 minutes to complete the challenge.
- You must have fun!
How to watch
The event took place on Saturday, March 26th. Some crafters did it live on Periscope. Other’s posted it to their YouTube channels. Ours is a bit late because the holiday weekend ate into our time more than we expected!
This is the Periscope schedule and list of YouTuber’s you want to be sure to subscribe to so you don’t miss the challenge videos.
For YouTube, the videos will start going up after 10:00am Central time on Saturday. They mail be uploaded anytime throughout the day so make sure you are subbed and have notifications turned on for these creators!
• Melody Lane https://www.youtube.com/user/MelodyLane815
• Crafts By Two https://www.youtube.com/user/CraftsByTwo
• Ken Hess Ken’s Kreations and Sean’s Salutationshttps://www.youtube.com/user/hesskr
• Dana Kersey Joy https://www.youtube.com/user/mzdanajoy
• Lisa Jones https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO_zad8-5Vfqu3Vb5JnwYPg
• Ian Garland https://www.youtube.com/user/OffKilterCrafterIan
• Maymay Made It https://www.youtube.com/user/MayMayMadeIt
• Christopher Cropp https://www.youtube.com/user/christopheradesigns
• Lorrie A Nunemaker https://www.youtube.com/user/LONU2008
• Fleurette F Bloom https://www.youtube.com/user/fleuretteart
• Edith Wray https://www.youtube.com/user/SCRAPBOOKINGWITHME
If you are a Periscope watcher, this was the schedule. Some of the participants may have their videos up on http://katch.me if you want to search for them there.
• Maymay Made It @ 10am central
• Christopher Cropp @ 10:30am central
• Lorrie A Nunemaker @ 11:00am central
• Fleurette F Bloom @ 11:30am central
• Edith Wray @ 12:00 central
Subscribe and Follow
It’s easy and free to subscribe to Crafts By Two on YouTube or join our mailing list. Don’t miss out on the videos and the fun!
Get Social with Crafts By Two!
We love to interact with our viewers! Join us all over the internet on social media to keep in touch. Twitter, Pinterest, Periscope, Instagram and more…
Patreon – Supporting Creators
If you are learning from our videos and enjoy our work, we welcome your support through Patreon. We appreciate your patronage and offer a variety of perks as a thank you for your support!
We love making videos and being a part of the crafting community, sharing what we have learned. Your support helps us do even more!
Visit our Patreon page for the details and check out the perks you will receive for your support!
Don’t miss out on all the fun! We have teamed up with Melody Lane and have a channel about all the fun we’re having when we AREN’T crafting. Join us for our shopping, taste tests, silliness and adventures!
Our theme music is “We Press On”
Composer — Jake LaVallee, Owner of http://uncopyrightedmusic.net